Become a Member of our Board
As a Finance Director you will be helping The Seagull continue its journey of growth.
The Seagull CIC located in Lowestoft, Suffolk is a small theatre with a big community focus. Having been rescued from closure by the county council in 2006, The Seagull has since gone from strength to strength and is now a renowned venue attracting acts from across the country whilst supporting and commissioning homegrown grassroot talent.
As Finance Director you will work to ensure we deliver The Seagull’s aims and ambitions by guiding and supervising the staff team. Your commitments will involve attending a monthly directors meeting at The Seagull with other directors and The Seagull manager. You will be instrumental in helping to shape and drive forward The Seagull.
Due to the retirement of the existing Finance Director, this position has become available. Being the Finance Director involves:
– Ensure that The Seagull operates within financial guidelines set out in current legislation
– Work alongside the manager and admin staff
– Identify and bring to the attention of the Board any financial risks
– Devise and propose annual budget, cash flow forecasts and financial reports and advise and guide the Board accordingly
– Review longer term forecasts
– Keep the Board informed of its financial duties and responsibilities
– Present financial information that facilitates good financial governance,
– Attend monthly & additional meetings
– Knowledge of accounting practices for CIC governance
– Knowledge of financial regulations governing charities, companies, CIC etc
– Able to commit sufficient time
– Strategically & forward plan
– Ability to digest, present & critically evaluate a range of information
– Willingness to challenge & engage
– Understand & is committed to diversity issues
– Have a working knowledge of Quickbooks
– This is an unpaid role
So, if you think you can help deliver on the future of The Seagull CIC then submit a covering letter outlining your skills and competencies and why you think you would be a good candidate for this role along with your CV to email@example.com